Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!

You’ve probably figured out those words “offend” some people. So “the powers that be” have quietly decided not to use them to avoid the possibility of offending some people. Have you noticed how many people just naturally say “Happy Holidays” these days instead of “Merry Christmas?” It’s a “quiet revolution” and most people don’t notice it. I have noticed it, and I will not accede to the demands of the “PC Police. I will say “Merry Christmas” and those who are offended by that can be damned.

WHAT CAME BEFORE? They just got rid of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy regarding gays (homosexuals) in the military. But what came before? How did they handle it when someone was suspected of being a homosexual? I’ve tried to research that question and all I got was info on the repeal of that law. Would SOMEBODY please tell me what came before that law was passed, in comprehensible fashion?

AT THE LAST MINUTE: I don’t believe I’ve ever seen so many bills come up for a vote on one week as I have the week before Christmas, 2010. Everything seems to be “emergency legislation” that didn’t get passed in the last two years while Democrats controlled things. I say that procrastination on the politician’s part doesn’t necessarily become an emergency on MY part. I say leave it for the next Congress, where more intelligence might prevail. Democrats are trying to spend as much money as they can, while they still can.

PALIN DIGS MICHELLE ON DESSERT: On her TV show, she digs Michelle Obama and her “anti-dessert” campaign, which will probably get her a lot of slams from the left. I guess you don’t get to dig an Obama, but you DO get to dig a Palin. I predict she will hear a lot of criticism over this comment.

“MORAL OBLIGATION”: The left says rich people have a “moral obligation” to pay more in taxes than do those who don’t make as much. They DO. The higher the amount they make, the bigger the percentage of taxes they pay NOW, according to our “progressive” income tax system. Why should they be made to pay more than that? Remember, most of the “lefties” who say this are rich, themselves. They just don’t EARN it. Meanwhile, almost 50% of American citizens pay NO taxes at all because they’re on welfare. Should they be made to pay at least SOME taxes?

“NOTHING TO DESERVE IT”: Barney Frank says the “estate tax” is a good thing because the heirs of these dead rich people “did nothing to deserve it.” Neither did the government. At least the heirs are RELATED to the dad rich person. The government is not. And here I thought every time he opened his mouth, somebody put something in it. They should. Maybe that would shut him up.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment