Monday, July 27, 2020

Go There to Live

Every time I see a sports celebrity for whom this country and its policies have made a millionaire refusing to stand for the symbol of that largess, I get physically sick. It makes me think he has loyalty to another country, and that he should go there to live. In other words, get the hell out of this country if he does not like it here. Anybody who will not stand to honor the symbol of the freedom this country offers needs to get out. Anybody who has benefited from the way this country is run should be willing to honor its symbols, at least, or they are ungrateful fools.

IT’S GONE TOO FAR: I just read about a black Trump supporter who was shot and killed because he supported Trump. It makes me sick to think that someone will KILL over a political disagreement. Yes, political positions are important. But not important enough to kill over. I’d hate to think some fool like that would come after me because he disagreed with my politics. It’s a sad day when your politics will get you killed. And that includes assassinations of office holders such as Jack Kennedy.

POLITICAL INSANITY: Abolishing the cops. Stupidity personified. What do you gain when you defund and abolish the police? Chaos. The police are all that stands between us and chaos. At the same time so many politicians are disarming the law-abiding while doing nothing about the armed law-breakers, they’re leaving us wide open to be victimized by the illegally armed criminals. If I was a schoolboy who was being bullied by thugs and had a defender willing to put his own life on the line to protect me, I would NOT tell him to “Go to hell, I’ll take care of it myself.” I’d do everything I can to keep him happy. Yes, there are some bad cops. But you don’t solve that problem by getting rid of the good cops along with the bad ones.

INCOMPETENT POLITICIANS: I sit here and watch the liberal politicians running bug cities run things into the ground through their incompetence and I shudder to think I live in a city run by just such an incompetent liberal politician. But there doesn’t seem to be anything we can do about making sure they are competent before the get the job, nor a way to get rid of them if they aren’t—except to dis-elect them—but by then it’s often too late. What’s worse is that we draw politicians on a national level from this bunch. Which is a deadly weakness in our system I don’t know how to solve.

SHE JUST DOESN’T GET IT: Chicago Mayor Lightbrain has not a single idea on how to stop, or even slow down “gun crime” in her city, so naturally, like all liberal politicians, she blames others for her failings. She ignores the fact that her city already has some of the tightest anti-gun laws in the nation, yet criminals have no trouble getting the guns they use to victimize Chicagoans. She blames federal policies for her own failings, as well as “guns coming in from outside the state,” as if all guns should be made in Chicago. Which they are not, and never will be.

ONE MAN’S OPINION: I have to laugh when I look at Biden’s “rallies” that include 20 people sitting in circles six feet apart, while Trump speaks before rallies that are attended by double-and three-digit thousands. And Biden really thinks he can win with such dismal attendance numbers… Dem Rep. Maxine Waters jumps out of her car to holler at cops questioning a suspect, as if they don’t have the right to do their jobs. What really should happen is Waters being arrested for interfering in police business, as would any other private citizen... It’s a destructive idea. But the kind of thing we can expect of Joe Biden, who espouses all kinds of wildly liberal and “way out there” things. Now he’s saying we should start teaching about Islam in our public schools, even though we have resisted teaching about ANY religion in our schools—by law…
.

No comments:

Post a Comment