Monday, September 28, 2020

Well, It Happened

I was pretty “out of it” for a couple of days last week, and it was decided to put me in “Hospice Care.” Which means there will be a team of nurses, doctors, and other medical personnel in close contact with me 24 hours a day, not to try and cure me of anything—they’ve given up on that. Now they’re mostly interested in “keeping me comfortable," which means mostly pain-free, I guess. It also gives me better access to my medicines, since part of it is “clearing the decks” for me to get some medicines they didn’t want to prescribe before. The best part of it is they come to me. I no longer have to go to doctor’s offices to get help of I need it. They have regular visits by nurses and other medical professionals to monitor me and when those people talk, people listen. I still have a clear, sharp mind, and I intend to use it for as long as I can. I’ll keep these blogs going as long as I can, but don’t be surprised if the posting is sometimes “spotty,” depending on how well I feel on any given day. I'll have good days and bad days, and that will affect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment